Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Song of the day: Clan of Xymox - A Day



Clan of Xymox is one of my favorite goth bands. This song is from their selftitled debut album, which was released on 4AD Records, which makes them the second band signed to the label after Dead Can Dance, which they would later tour with. This song in particular is the first single and song from this album. The song basically talks about a person pleading to find another person who seems very far away. Very passionate and brooding. It has a very distinct guitar tone, almost a staccato rhythm. This band continues to release music to this day. This song is a great representation of goth music, especially to those who have no idea what it is. Sounds magazine had this to say about A Day "Particular favourite is A Day 'which suggests so many places, colours feelings and despairs that it is totally awe inspiring'.   I couldn't have said it better myself. Here is that classic song.

and lyrics:

Where are you When I am needing you 
So far away So far away
I think you're the most important To me, To me  
Where are you? So far away It makes no sense
It makes no sense at all Ha 
Where are you? Ha Ha  
Where are you So far away
I think you're the most important To me, To me
My sunken footsteps put their selves on
Through this gallery of deceased I think their lives must be deceived 
Like the sham nowadays 
Nowadays Nowadays Nowadays Nowadays
Where are you So far away  
For Just One Day Just One Day Just One Day 
It makes no sense at all It makes no sense at all  
Just One Day In Just One Day 
In Just One Day In Just One Day In Just One Day

No comments:

Post a Comment