Friday, June 22, 2012

Morrissey with Iggy and The Stooges live in Los Angeles.

Morrissey is touring again! This might as well be called the Tony Visconti tour since he has worked with all 3 artists. Morrissey last came down to Southern California a few months ago to San Diego on May 22, on his birthday. I missed that show but luckily it was just announced that he is coming right here to Los Angeles! To top it off, Iggy Pop and The Stooges are opening!!! These are two musicians I have always been dying to see live and now they are coming for the price of one ticket! Iggy and The Stooges came here last year and I was unable to make it, and Morrissey has toured Miami, Florida when I lived there and I was unable to make it as well. Morrissey has hinted that this might be his last tour, and he has no label currently. Iggy Pop is getting older so who knows when the next time him and The Stooges are coming here. I could be totally wrong and they could be going strong for another 20 years. I still find it strange that the band in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is opening for Morrissey. Many see Iggy Pop as the "godfather of punk", but I know him more for his amazing work in Berlin with David Bowie on the albums The Idiot and Lust for Life, though you cannot underestimate his great work in the 60s with the Stooges who were the original punk band. Morrissey himself has been going strong since his days with the Smiths in the early 80s. This will be epic in every sense of the word. I really dislike that Kristeen Young is opening. I know Morrissey must have a fondness for her for some reason but the clips I heard from her were unbearable. This is a show I might go late to but I will be waiting with great anticipation. This has been an amazing year for concerts, Sweet and Tender Hooligans were great and I'm really looking forward to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Dead Can Dance especially, but this one is right up there as well. Cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment