Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pet Shop Boys return with new album, Elysium and new single Invisible



The Pet Shop Boys have been doing music since the early 80s. They are best known for their US top 10 single "West End Girls" or their cover of Elvis Presley's "Always On My Mind". They continue to make amazing, meaningful music to this day. Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe are some of the best songwriters and musicians to date. It was announced today that their new album, which will be their 11th studio album, and first since 2009's Yes, will be entitled Elysium and it is due sometime in September. I was a huge fan of their last album and have heard every album to date. Fundamental ranks in my top albums of recent years, Yes was an ok album to be honest. I hope they pick up from their. Judging from their newest single, Invisible, it looks like it will be an improvement. It is definitely a more downbeat song than they are known for an it is a bit heartbreaking. I'm not impressed by the video but the song is amazing. I look forward to their new album. Here is the single, "Invisible" and I will follow with some more classic tracks from the band.
Invisible:
Here is West End Girls:
Always On My Mind:
Domino Dancing:
Numb:
It's A Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment