Thursday, March 8, 2012

Song of the day: Legends - Today/Air

I stumbled across this song because a friend of mine posted it on facebook. Whenever someone posts a song, either it's one I heard a million times or it's a song I wouldn't be interested in anyway. This song (which sounds like 2 songs) automatically made me sit up and take notice. The guitar and bass sounds like something off the Cure's Seventeen Seconds album and the drums remind me of Joy Division. Usually when a band claims these are there influences, I don't hear it. This is one of the exceptions. I was automatically struck by how good and emotional the singer was and how much it did remind me of one of the first times I heard The Cure. The song is growing on me and I expect to hear more from them in the future. Here's the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment